BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Glee...

When watching Glee, for the first full time I thought the cast was great. Someone talked about their blog, showing were teenage stands in the media. I felt that the show was trying to break the "norms" of how a glee club is seen by society. I was a big fan of the fact that they had Artie in a wheelchair. It made me think back to my high school, where my best friend was in a wheelchair because he had CP, and I did my best to make him feel that he fit in with everyone else which he did.

I watched the episode where they needed to rise money so they could go to regional. They all had to sit in a wheelchair for 2 weeks to see how Artie felt, and did a wheelchair number on stage.

I love how you had your "typical" dad speech to his son (Kurt). The father will always come to their rescues. I think in everyone high school you have one guy who is "gay" which is fine by me, but people are always trying ti fit in.

At the same time the show also conform to the social norms, like the cheerleaders who are not smart. When the truth of the matter is that most cheerleader are very smart.

My favorite person in the show was Becky who has down syndrome.

The show goes back in-forth between friends being friends which happens all day and everyday in high school.

All in all, I am not a huge fan of musical so I do not see me watching Glee in the future.

0 comments: